Re: [NTLK] Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11GP

From: ccsccs7 (ccsccs7_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 18:36:18 PDT

Unless you have one of the TCP/IP Dock packages, you'll have to go the
AppleTalk route for the Dock to work. That can be tricky with some
wireless routers, as many don't pass legacy AppleTalk packets (you
should be safe with an Apple AirPort base station though). (I haven't
successfully used an Ad-Hoc (peer-to-peer) connection (which should
allow legacy AppleTalk to work, but it's very tricky to fake the Mac
into transmitting an AppleTalk ID without a network connection being
made — I'm going to experiment with this now…), so I can't comment on that.)

I haven't tried this, but the web server idea sounds really good (if you
have a browser, of course).

Cedric