Re: [NTLK] Newbie emate questions!!!

From: Joel Pigdon (jtpigdon_at_students.latrobe.edu.au)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 03:29:52 PDT

> The question is: is this possible? Can I store other software on the
> PCMCIA card? And talking about PCMCIA cards... I've read the faqs and I
> still dont understand which one should I buy.. I found some cheap
> PCMCIA memories (4MB storage capacity). The models are:
>
> IBM 355x, 360x (4mb)
> Compaq LTE LITE 25E, 25C, 25. (4mb)
> Toshiba T4400C DX, T4400C SX, T4400SXC .(4mb)

I reckon these pcmcia memories are actually volatile memory as opposed
to the SRAM used in PCMCIA memory cards. I just pulled the memory card
out of my toshiba 1910cs. It is labelled a memory "kit" part number
PA2012U and stores 4meg. It looks similar to the card in my newton, ie
same shape and same size but the pinout is different. In the newton
Linear storage card the connector is made of two rows on top of each
other
Bad ascii art alert!!
ooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooo

whereas in the volatile ram upgrade has the two rows offset ie...
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
   o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o
hope this helps