[NTLK] Macsruscomputers again

From: TSTOCK_at_tampabay.rr.com
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 15:09:29 PST

Well, here's the description from the aution I won:

"This Newton is LIKE NEW, and has the all the Door Covers... Includes the Original Titanium Stylus (as pictured). The SCREEN HAS NO flaws, and no noticeable on the case. An All around Great Newton!"

Now, here's the actual description based on it's arrival today via UPS:

The screen cover looks like it was dropped on concrete, some sort of plate has been removed from the top of the case and there are scratches where it was before, one of the cover locking latches is missing so the cover does not lock open, the screen has lots of scratches and wear marks, the case halves are "loose", and I got an old rechargeable battery instead of the battery tray for AA's as advertised.

The worst part is when it arrived, it was in an oversized box with NO PACKING material.

I emailed them and am waiting for a resolution.

-tom