[NTLK] Wow it's just keeps getting better!

From: Tom Stock (tstock_at_tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 07:01:18 PST

Okay, I don't mean to waste bandwidth by talking newbie amazement, but
I just can't resist. Today I discovered that when the newton just can't
get a word right, I can select it, double tap, and then enter the word
with the keyboard panel. From that point on the word is in the
dictionary and it gets it correct every time.

I swear it's getting to the point where I feel like my newton can either
a) read my mind or b) read my handwriting better than I can. There is
also the added benefit that I am "relearning" cursive handwriting. I've
been writing in all caps since I started programming in the 80s. The
amazing partt is that it was 80% accurate the first time I wrote on it
in cursive. I was floored.

I'm now having a VERY difficult time with my palm pilot. Talk about egg
freckles. I feel like I'm trying to write in some alien alphabet, where
the letters are stacked on top of each other to form words.

-tom