Re: [NTLK] New Backlight

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 22:30:06 PST

I was aware of the brightness issue when I bought the white backlight
because of previous discussions on this list. In part I wanted to
support the development of replacement hardware, but I didn't need his
replacement touch screen. This is on my backup 2100 which I will be
using as my primary for a while to get a better feel for it.
The only knowledge that I have about life expectancy is from the
backlight4you web site.
<http://www.backlight4you.com/en/products/el/kit_apple.htm>
"While the original EL-panel of APPLE has according to our observation
a lifetime of around 400h, only, our replacement foils have a lifetime
of min. 3000h guaranteed by our manufacturer."
Calvin made no claim as to lifetime.

I plan to try the backlight4you replacement also, when I can.

Woody