Re: [NTLK] Lucent Bronze Turbo WaveLan?

From: Korbin Berg (korbinberg_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 17 2004 - 07:21:56 PST

Don,

I purchased a Bronze card on ebay for exactly the reason you
describe... They are selling for a bit less than the Silver.

However, the Bronze does not support encryption... The Silver supports
40/64bit encryption and the Gold supports 128bit encryption. People
have had success flashing the ROM on the Silvers to give them
equivilent encryption that the Gold has, but as far as I know, there
is no way to do this on a Bronze card.

As for compatibility, the Bronze (kind of) worked in my setup, but not
consistently. Sometimes I could make a connection, other times I
could not. I eventually ended up purchasing a Proxim RangeLAN DS card
instead. It was less than $20 and has worked like a champ so far.

Best luck,

Korbin