Re: [NTLK] Newton Newbie

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 06:06:28 PST

Tony Goh wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I have done more homework!.
>
> I have checked and configured the card setup to supposedly suit my network
> settings. When I check Infrastructure mode, the channel selection shows a
> comment "(ignored)". However, I checked my wireless set up and it shows
> that the SSID has broadcast enabled and it is USR8054. The Channel is 11.

You must enter the SSID into the 802.11b Wavelan setup slip in the appropriate
worksite in Owner's Info.

The channel is only necessary if you are running an ad-hoc type of network.
The network settings from your base station should tell you. If in doubt, try
infrastructure, if that doesn't work change the Newton's setup to ad-hoc and
set the channel to the same as the base station.