[NTLK] Ripped off on eBay

From: Kevin Bishop (kevinbishop_at_alamedanet.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 16:28:30 PDT

I'm writing out of frustration... I just bid on and supposedly won a brand
new Newton 130 on eBay today... I thought it would be great to "experience"
a new Newton, even though I already have a 2100...

I went to pay through paypal, and found out the person selling refuses to
accept credit cards... Even though his eBay ad shows Paypal and credit
cards...

When I contacted him, he told me he doesn't like taking credit cards, and
all he would do is have me listed as a "non-paying bidder" and he would
relist the Newton...

I am SO angry right now I could spit nails... (But not at a Newton of
course!)

Filing a case with Square Trade is useless, unless I want to spend money on
a mediator...

Not even sure why I'm writing to the list, but thought I'd share the
experience...

ARGHHHH..

Kevin