[NTLK] [ANN] Newton baseball cap US buying pool

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Fri Oct 01 2004 - 22:05:00 PDT

> I'd also love to get two of these hats. I'm up in Chicago. Maybe we
> could have a box shipped to someone in the central US, who in turn
> would be willing to break up the order and get them out. Any word as
> to an estimate for how much the shipping costs are for a single hat vs.

   I'll arrange a pool for the whole US. I'm in Indiana, and shipping
to anywhere in the US will be about $17 or less, shipped by USPS by
parcel post. I'll put something up on my website tomorrow and post
another announcement.

Details: Shipping for 2 kg from China to Bloomington by UPS is about
$52 (I have no idea what a shipment of 60 would weigh vs. a shipment of
10 which is 1.1 kg. Shipping via USPS is under $5 (depends on what I
use for packaging) I haven't check DHL or any of the other carriers
yet - I have a DHL account, but would have to set up with the other
carriers.

   This is, unless someone else for whom shipping would be cheaper wants
to organize it :) (I wouldn't imagine that shipping to anywhere else
in the US from China would cost much less, but could be wrong). And of
course, if the number of orders I get is over 60, then someone else
will have to take the rest.

   Payment via PayPal preferred, or money order. Email me off-list with
the 'newton' somewhere in the subject line.

Jim Witte
jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us
After Midnight Lizard