[NTLK] [FS] MP2000U & complete wireless solution

From: Mark Smith (mark_at_bbprojects.net)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 04:14:38 PDT

I unsubbed a while back due to mail-list overflow. I've now briefly re-subbed with a sad, but hopefully useful announcement.

In order to raise funds for purchase of something more pressing, I have reluctantly decided to sell all of my Newton kit.

I'm offering it here first, prior to announcing it on eBay.de.

Ideally I'd like to sell it here in Germany and complete. Will also consider splitting the package and posting to other European countries. Exporting outside of the EC is not something I'm too keen on.

Please contact me off-list if anyone is interested in the package, or in parts thereof.

wtia,

mark.

----

Here's what I have:

Apple Newton MessagePad 2000 with the PixSolutions IMPLANT 2000 upgrade (installed by PixSolutions) (English OS ROM Version 2.1 (717260))

Full working order. No defects. No niggles.

The MP2000 is in near perfect condition, no major blemishes of any kind. The screen is in top nick (no scratches) and the back light is still strong (albeit a little noisy). The original stylus is present and in perfect condition. All hinges and sliders are fine. The screen cover is present and in top condition.

The sticker (behind the port flap) serial number is:

        JE7113PD9BU

The serial number according to SBM Utilities' "Machine Info" is:

        0000 0000 01A6 4EBF

(not sure what each of these represents)

Additional Items:

Functional original rechargeable battery pack (it takes a charge, but not a particularly good one. Could be rebuilt (I never got around to it.))

Original US Mains Adapter/Charger (I would throw in the badly finished modification I made to a travel adapter-plug for use here in Germany with the Adapter/Charger, if anybody wants it - FOC !)

Original Battery cage for use with standard batteries

Original Serial Cable with separate Dongle

Original Message Pad 2000 Box and various manuals

1 Intel 6MB Card (full working order)

1 Centennial 16MB Card (full working order)

1 Sphinx Electronics "PICO" Bluetooth card (works with Blunt)

1 Orinoco Classic Gold PCMCIA WiFi card (works with the Newton WiFi drivers)

1 Longshine PCMCIA "Shine Net" 10M Ethernet card and dongle (works with standard newton ENET driver set)

1 SER-001 module (not installed)

Various CDs and floppies with Software (I have a number of registered apps in addition to those bundled with the MP2000 (including Ink Spot, SBM Utilities, More Folders, Newt's Cape, NCQ, File Pad, Bar Keep, More Folders and Draw Pad) any buyer can endevour to ascertain whether licenses can be transferred.)

Think that's everything.