Re: [NTLK] Rechargeable Batteries

From: Indigo Kelleigh (indigo_at_circleweave.com)
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 12:05:02 PDT

I believe so, yes. If your newt was designed with rechargeable batteries in
mind, at least (Not sure if they all were, but I think they were). I have an
emate which had a sad battery (not dead, but not very lively). I switched
out the battery pack with a battery tray and am now using 2300 mAH
rechargables with no operational problems. People with other Newton models
will likely have different experiences....

On 10/6/04 10:17 AM, "jake smith" <jakesmith_at_mac.com> wrote:

> So I buy some NiMH batteries, put them in the battery tray and charge
> them using the standard Newton power supply?
> I didn't know that, NiMH it is then.
>
> thanks
>
> On Oct 6, 2004, at 5:21 pm, Indigo Kelleigh wrote:
>

>> The only word of advice I can offer is that if you're going to try to
>> recharge them INSIDE your newt, they need to be NiMH batteries,
>> otherwise
>> they'll become useless.
>>
>> Otherwise, I don't think it matters much.
>>
>> -indy

Indigo Kelleigh
Illustrator-at-Large
503.233.9922