[NTLK] Help with Modem Please !!

From: Rob Perkins (robhtp_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 16:51:02 PDT

I just got a 3com megahertz 56k model 3cxm556 and am
trying to get my messagepad 2000 setup to check mail ,
I am connecting to a pop server . here is what I have
done ...... Installed NIE 1.1 , installed Simple mail
, configured internet setup for my dial up account ,
except the screen that asks for newton ip address and
stuff , I didnt put anything here just "Dynamic" do I
need to enter info here?

I have also setup simplemail in my Owner info , I
write a note tell it to mail it using simple mail and
then it pops up asking to connect , I tell it to
connect and it says connecting........ then ERROR pops
up and says your modem insn't responding properly.

Please help im new to the newton and I dont know if im
not setting it up properly or this modem I just got on
ebay is dead.

Cheers, Rob