Re: [NTLK] [OT] NYT carrier OQO review by David Pogue

From: Sasa (sasa.radojcic_at_xs4all.nl)
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 23:27:27 PDT

Nice thing, with a few glitches: no USB 20. and/or Firewire, and a too
small harddisk. If they fix it in the second version (add a 60 GB
harddisk) this thing will really rock. Expecially if they add the
tabletversion of XP.

On a related topic: how old is this reporter? Or am I that old? Saying
that 1Ghz is not that powerful and that you should not do videoediting
or 3D-games is in my opinion too simple and even stupid.

I do remember having a 450Mhz computer not so long ago doing
videoediting on it. Granted, it would took some time to do one and
another, but it could be done. The major rendering was done overnight,
so no problem there.

And as for 3D-gaming: not everyone needs a screen resolution of
1600x1024 with millions of colors and with 100f/s. A lower resolution
will work as good, as long as the game is fun to play.

So, I would say that the OQO is powerful enough to be your sole
computer to do with it everything you need to do, even photo- and
videoediting. Add an external DVD-writer and an external harddisk and
you have a full computer.

Op 15 okt 2004 om 5:08 heeft Grant Hutchinson het volgende geschreven: