[NTLK] Subject: Re: [OT] NYT carrier OQO review by David Pogue

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_boc.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 08:12:42 PDT

I like David Pogues reviews, he seems to value sensible features. Compared
to Mossberg in the Wall St Journal, I'd listen to Pogue. Mossberg never
even mentioned the firewire in the OQO.
And - the firewire is 4 pin, (no power provided from it) I think I read that
in Pogue's article. That's to be expected, they're trying to conserve
battery life.

Allen

>From: James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] [OT] NYT carrier OQO review by David Pogue
>On Oct 15, 2004, at 1:27 AM, Sasa wrote:
> Nice thing, with a few glitches: no USB 20. and/or Firewire, and a too
> small harddisk. If they fix it in the second version (add a 60 GB
> harddisk) this thing will really rock. Expecially if they add the
> tabletversion of XP.
Actually - it has firewire, he didn't mention if it is 4 pin or 6 pin,
or whether it's marked ieee1294, iLink or firewire...

> On a related topic: how old is this reporter? Or am I that old? Saying
> that 1Ghz is not that powerful and that you should not do videoediting
> or 3D-games is in my opinion too simple and even stupid.
Graduated Yale in 85, so I'd bet into / near his 50s...

http://www.davidpogue.com/bio.html

* Allen.Russell_at_BOC.com
/// BOC

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the BOC Group plc or any of its affiliates. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked by anti-virus software for the presence of computer viruses. However, the BOC Group plc or any of its affiliates accepts no responsibility for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments.