Re: [NTLK] SimpleMail problems Please Help !! Hello Glen !

From: Rick Perron (rlperron_at_maine.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 19:00:01 PDT

Hi.

I had the same problems trying to get my eMate to connect to Road Runner here in Maine on the dial-up. It took some research on the internet before I figured out that their dial-up needs a script to connect. Also the username they require is different than your "normal" username. Under Internet Setup, you need to put the DNS info from your Mac (or PC). But for your Username, don't just put what you have on your normal account. You have to put your e-mail address. So, for example, you would put johndoe@ maine.rr.com instead of just johndoe.

Then you need to add a login script. Your script may be different, but here's mine.
<wait for> Username:
<send> aolnet/ent.johndoe_at_state.rr.com
<send P>
<wait for> password:
<send P>
<done>

I have my "Time Out" set for 60 seconds
I also have the box checked for "Display Script Activity" so I can see what's happening when the eMate dials up to log in.

Hope this helps.

Rick