[NTLK] Chicken or Egg?

From: Huxley Dunsany (huckdunsany_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 09:51:40 PDT

Hi folks!
I recently bought a Newton 2100 on eBay (item number 5130705040, if you'd
like a look), and I also bought a couple of wireless cards (item number
5724545500). Now, neither of these items has arrived yet, but I'm wondering
about something. When they do get here, how should I go about getting the
wireless drivers onto the Newton, without a serial dongle? I've got a 4-meg
flash card from my dearly departed Newton 120, and I'm writing this on my
Powerbook G4... Which has a PCMCIA slot.... So I guess my question is, can
I use the Newton flash card in my PowerBook, put the drivers on the card,
put the card in the Newton, and rock and roll wirelessly from there? Or, is
there any way to send the drivers from my PowerBook to the Newton via IrDA?
Or am I just going to have to break down and get a serial dongle?

Any tips would be great - I just want to be ready to get this thing online
when it arrives on Thursday...

Thanks!
Huxley