Re: [NTLK] Chicken or Egg?

From: Puckdropper (puckdropper_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 11:13:39 PDT

If you acquire a computer Windows 3.1 or better, you
can use a much cheaper PC serial cable from J&K Sales
to transfer your packages.

http://jksalesinc.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_37_48&products_id=86k>

A 386 or better could be available for free, so you
only have to spend about $15 for the cable. Once NCU
has a connection established, you can do everything
from the Newton if you wish. (It's easier and faster
to do it from the PC, IMO.)

The Mac version of the cable there is just a standard
serial cable and requires the dongle yet.

Puckdropper

--- Huxley Dunsany <huckdunsany_at_mac.com> wrote:

>When they do get here, how should
> I go about getting the
> wireless drivers onto the Newton, without a serial
> dongle? I've got a 4-meg
> flash card from my dearly departed Newton 120, and

*snip*