Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Printing to a Stylewriter 1500 generates error message -4

From: Ronnie Simon (ronnie_simon_at_uk.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 15:09:28 PDT

Hi joel
            See my responses below.....

"Joel M. Sciamma" <joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk>
Sent by: newtontalk-bounce_at_newtontalk.net
19/10/2004 22:36
Please respond to
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net

<newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Printing to a Stylewriter 1500 generates error message -4

Hi Ronnie,

>> I have just tried printing to an Apple Stylewriter 1500 from my primary
Newton
>> 2100 and received error message -48402, but if I try printing from my
backup
>> Newton 2100 with nothing installed, it works perfectly!

>I have an eMate printing to a SW1500 which has a lot of other packages on
it
>and is working fine. Unfortunately it's in Spain!

>When does the error appear?

   I choose the printer, then select print now, it then shows me a connect
slip (very puzzling :-/) and then gives me -48402 error message.
 It is almost as if the serial cable is not expecting a printer at the
other end of the cable.

>Can you print to anything else?

   I don't know because it is my only printer.

>Are you printing with your accelerator disabled?

    Yes, I tried with and without the accelerator.

>Corrupt system soup pref?

     that is very interesting where should I look ?

Joel.

WikiWikiNewt for all kinds of articles:
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/