Re: [NTLK] Very OT

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 16:58:10 PDT

On Oct 22, 2004, at 4:14 PM, Peter H. Coffin wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 09:35:21AM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 21, 2004, at 10:30 PM, Josef Chessor wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, um, my turn of phrase was misleading. I was actually
>>> referring
>>> to the 1982 World Series, and the "Cardinals of my youth" included
>>> people like Ozzy Smith. (Yeah, yeah, I know I'm half all y'all's
>>> age.
>>> I'm used to it! LOL!)
>>
>> If your old enough to remember 1982 you are officially an old timer on
>> this list...
>
> I bought a cake that said "Milwaukee Brewers - 1982 World Champions" on
> it. It was half price when I got it, the day after the Series ended.
Very funny. This reminds me of another story...

My wife was supposed to bring a cake to someone's birthday party, but
forgot until the last minute.

She stopped by a supermarket on the way, but the bakery there was
closed. She talked a store manager into selling her the "Happy
Birthday" cake that was there as a display.

When the birthday boy went to cut into the cake, he discovered it was
actually a frosted cake pan turned upside down.

Woops.
Marty