Re: [NTLK] More Newton media coverage

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 15:56:10 PDT

Several weeks ago, my wife and I vacationed in
Orlando. We spent two days in Coco Beach and visited
Nasa/Cape Canaveral.
Because of the security, all bags had to be inspected.
Needless to say, my Newt got a few raised eyebrows,
especially when i started demoing it! About that time,
a guy in blue coveralls walked by and noticed it. He
watched the demo and commented that Nasa needs
something like that for their astronauts and wanted to
know where to get them...Unfortunatly, I had to tell
him the bad news. By this time, quite a crowd of
people had gathered (Nasa personelle and visitors to
the complex) and one of the security guards had to
come and break up the impromotu meeting...When the
security guard asked what was going on (constituted a
security threat, so many people crowed in so small of
a place), my wife told the security guard that it was
just her husband showing off his Newton...with that,
she grabbed my arm and proceeded to drag me away from
the gawkers apologizing for causing such a fuss, and
saying that "this always happens when he starts to
show off his Newton"...
Newton...always a crowd pleaser!
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:43:23 -0700, Martin Joseph
> <martynt_at_barknaturalpet.com> wrote:
>
> > to get a laugh out of how I would stop by the
> Newton booth at macworld
> > and demonstrate the Newton to passers by... Even
> the Apple people were
> > often surprised by what they saw.
> >
> > Of course she had to drag me off...
>
> Hey Marty, your wife should speak to my wife. They'd
> probably be able
> to trade stories...
>
> I thought I was the only one doing something similar
> to that - of
> course I'm doing it in the present tense and my wife
> has a look of
> utter disbelief at times as I pull out my trusty
> Newton with whatever
> add-ons I have handy and give live demos to people
> even on the streets
> of NY... and yes she has even on occasion dragged me
> away... I never
> had the oportunity to do it though at MacWorld but
> I think I can
> relate...
> --
> God bless,
>
> Sonny Hung
> the Hung Family

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin