Re: [NTLK] 3Com drivers?

From: Bill Holt (billholt_at_iglou.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 17:53:23 PDT

Thanks Sonny,

Well, maybe I'm a step closer. Using the driver that's made for this card,
it now seems to try to connect, but there's no joy in the result. I don't
know if the dial tone is supposed to be audible, but it's not. The result
of an attempt to connect is the following error message:

   There is no answer.
   Unable to connect.
   (-24002)

It takes about a minute for the system to give up on connecting and this
message to appear.

Using the generic Hayes driver, that Andy mentioned (Thanks Andy) in a
different post, the result is similar but not identical.

   Your modem isn't responding properly.
   Unable to connect.
   (-24005)

This message appears after only a few seconds.

It seems to be attempting to connect via the 3Com driver, but the dialing is
not successful. The way I know this is that when I tell it to dial my cell
phone, as a test, there's no ring.

I think it's unlikely to be the card because I have two of them and get
identical results with both. There's probably something that should be
obvious to me that I'm missing ... but you never know what you don't know.

Also, I seem to recall that modem scripts have been mentioned a time or two,
but I don't seem to be able to find anywhere on the Newt where it's an
issue. Could this be it?

   Bill Holt