Re: [NTLK] 3Com drivers?

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 18:20:20 PDT

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:53:23 -0400, Bill Holt <billholt_at_iglou.com> wrote:

> It seems to be attempting to connect via the 3Com driver, but the dialing is
> not successful. The way I know this is that when I tell it to dial my cell
> phone, as a test, there's no ring.

Bill a few things I would suggest first before we go further to
understand what you are doing.

1) Where are you located? this affects the Newton as it is configured
to handle the different telephone systems in the various parts of the
globe differently. Look into this and also do a web search on NTLK I
think realted to dialing or modem. There was a previous thread about
this and there is some type of patch on WWW.UNNA.ORG to allow changing
this.

2) What are you exactly trying to do?
Fax, dial-up connection, or other.... this may jog the memories of
list members that may prove helpful in your situation....

As a starting point I'm in the US and with the same modem and driver I
mentioned have tested faxing to my office with no problems.

HTH expedite your trouble resolution and get you back on the move with
your GREEN NEWT!

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung