Re: [NTLK] Importance of Newton hardware vs. software

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 09:21:36 PDT

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:14:06AM -0700, WL wrote:
> Hmmm, every attempt I've had with Airport(ver.1 and 2) has been
> 'plug and play'. Every LANUG meeting at an AppleStore and/or at
> Martina's(where is she?) has been easy, a few seconds and I'm on. But
> I've had lots of problems with a Sony wireless AP, but I'm getting an
> Airport at home and work, a 'snow version' so that the wireless is
> again easy.
>
> YMMV...

Airports are very, very nice base stations. They don't have DHCP
implementation quirks, cheerfully bridge Appletalk, and overall behave
themselves. Not all base stations play so well with others, which
definately varies the milage.

--
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly
    thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely