[NTLK] OT wayyy off topic

From: Dale A. Raby (daleraby_at_tds.net)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 18:08:44 PDT

Just a wild chance... reasoning that Newtonians tend to like old tech...
I recently acquired a Quasar QuarterBack (c. 1993) VHSC camcorder for
the princely sum of $5.00. It worked just fine to tape the drug deal
going down in front of my home, and to playback to police at the scene
after the drug dealers had fled... but for some reason later on in the
day I can no longer playback the video... acts like it needs a tracking
adjustment... and until I can figure out how to make that adjustment, I
can't copy the video to a VHS VCR... which I would like to do. Does
anyone know the procedure with this machine? If so, please contact me
offlist, as this is clearly anti-Newton activity... for which I
profusely apologize to the listmeister.