Re: [NTLK] New iMac - anybody else think it looks like a tablet?

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sun Sep 05 2004 - 12:32:39 PDT

> It certainly came to mind.

   I thought that the area underneath the screen where the Apple logo is
now would make a wonderful place for a capacitance-sensor based button
bar (or more like "button space").

   Of course, it is 2 inches thick, and I have no idea how much it
weights, so it is more like a stone tablet at this point. But that
could change.. Chuck the CD-drive, use either a lower-power processor
or some really innovative cooling system so you can chunk the fan..
The prospects for Apple to come out with another no-disk OS like the
NOS again look slim, but the iPod's offer's *some* hope.. Of course,
if they could use a solid-state disk - but that would be much too
expensive at current prices.

Jim