Re: [NTLK] H2000 Model Newton/G-mail

From: John (macnut1_at_gawab.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 16:30:14 PDT

On Sep 6, 2004, at 6:12 PM, Dan Mills wrote:

> I bounce all of my mail from my home imap account to gmail. Same
> would work for pop. I did have to add some procmail magic, to make
> sure I don't try to re-send a message the gmail (for whatever reason)
> bounces back. Other than that, it wasn't too hard. It's a good way
> to try it out.
>
> -Dan
>
> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:53:02 -0700, Tom <tomhormby_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> They are incompatible with POP clients, though there are parsers being
>> (finished?) developed, so that they can be used with POP clients.
> --

I guess I wasn't really clear. What I was wondering about was using
(reading mail on) a Gmail account with a regular email app (Mail,
Thunderbird, etc), not sending an existing account to Gmail. I don't
have any need for webmail, so I'm reading from this that it would be
useless to me. Is this correct?

JR

  "In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people
  very unhappy, and was widely regarded as a bad idea."