Re: [NTLK] H2000 Model Newton/G-mail

From: Dan Mills (vthunder_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 17:07:51 PDT

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 18:30:14 -0500, John <macnut1_at_gawab.com> wrote:

> I guess I wasn't really clear. What I was wondering about was using
> (reading mail on) a Gmail account with a regular email app (Mail,
> Thunderbird, etc), not sending an existing account to Gmail. I don't
> have any need for webmail, so I'm reading from this that it would be
> useless to me. Is this correct?

Yes, that's pretty much correct.

There is a pop gateway of some sort that someone hacked together, I
think, but there's no reason to keep your mail in gmail if you'll
never be using the webui. Well, unless you are currently suffering
from lack of mail space on the server, and need the gig of space.

-Dan