Re: [NTLK] New iMac - anybody else think it looks like a tablet?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Tue Sep 07 2004 - 12:30:02 PDT

On Sep 7, 2004, at 9:20 PM, karel Jansens wrote:

> A tablet is great if you have a big house with garden, no fixed
> workplace and a bias towards handwriting recognition (PenOffice on
> Windows is really good).
>
> And if you are using my tablet, lots of power sockets help as well. :)

Right, you kind of proved my point. ;-) There are limitations there. I
think, in my case, I would prefer my laptop, and beyond that, so, it's
good on occasion, in a big house with a garden. :-) I just don't
know.... maybe, once we move into our big house, I might come to agree,
but I think I would still prefer a real computer with keyboard, but
again, I just don't think there is a genuine consumer market for it.
It's a solution without a common appeal--a consumer appeal--a mass
appeal, if you will, like a walkman or cell phone. It's like the mini
video player. I don't think they will take off. It's not that these
things don't have _any_ market or _any_ use. They clearly do, but just
that there is not enough of a demand to make them take off like the
iPod or Palm. (I love that ad on Eurosport, in which three guys sit
down in front of a large screen TV, and end up watching a car race on
the phone instead.... RIGHT!!! )

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland