Re: [NTLK] WWNC & Einstein

From: Dan Mills (vthunder_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 16:10:19 PDT

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 00:34:19 +0200, Nicolas Zinovieff <krugazor_at_free.fr> wrote:

> 2) Open-sourcing the Einstein project might be illegal since it gives
> everyone access to a technology they may not possess.

Perhaps, and that would be unfortunate in my opinion. However, there
are several other emulators of proprietary platforms in existence, so
it is not a new concept by any means.

> 3) The rights are our own property. We will decide what to do with the
> software.

Well, sure, that's obvious. That doesn't mean we can't discuss about
what we would like to see happen.

I'd use a proprietary emulator, don't get me wrong. It sounds like a
sweet project. And for the emulator I don't think it matter that much
either way (for me, anyway, because I'd probably not go hack on it).
Still, given a choice, I'd choose an open solution.

-Dan