[NTLK] 16 bit 802.11b compatible card summary

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_comcast.net)
Date: Thu Sep 16 2004 - 04:22:28 PDT

Someone has put up a page detailing 802.11b solutions for older
Powerbooks; the 16-bit card section of this might work as a good
reference for Newton users.

See <http://www.home.earthlink.net/~kjvann/>, the 16-bit card section,
and especially note the following key (I'm not going to rip the card
list from his page):

========
* OEM/Private brands and or compatible with software based on the
Lucent/Agree/Proxim/Orinoco Gold or Silver card.
# OEM/Private brands tested compatible with Apple Airport Software
version 1.3.1 - 2.0.4, under OS 8.6 - 9.2.2.
+ OEM/Private brands and or compatible with software based on the Cisco
Aironet 340/350 card.
========

It seems to me that looking at the list of ' * ' cards, that's a pretty
good summary of cards known compatible with Hirochi's driver, or that
could be added using Paul's add-on patch.

Thoughts? Confirmation? This seems a good resource.

Brian

--
WARNING! Acme constructs each Klein Bottle from genuine Baryonic
matter. Do