[NTLK] Removing Eject Plastic Button Fron It's Metal Pin

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 21 2004 - 09:38:05 PDT

Hi,

Someone asked this question awhile back. I think it was because their
eject button was broken or they just wanted to disassemble that part.
How do you remove the plastic eject button from the metal eject pin.

After removal of the eject button attached to the eject pin from the
PCMCIA Assembly you do the following.

Take a nicely insulated cup filled with HOT Scalding Water! got mine
from a water dispenser that serves up Hot & Cold water.

Tie a string or loop a rubber band on to the metal eject pin.
Immerse the entire eject pin for about 30-60 seconds.
Take the pin out quickly and place it on the edge of a table. (I'm
using a linoleum covered table. With the eject pin on it's side the
metal pin has a 'U' channel section that should be on the top. In
front of the 'U' channel is a slight dip in the metal where you can
press a flat metal object (I used a scissor) to hold the metal pin
down. Doing this near the edge of the table with the plastic pin
extending past the table will allow you to pull the platic pin out off
the metal eject pin.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to drop me a note. I will
prepare for the future a instructional with pictures at a later time
as this MP2000 plastics are off to the UK this week.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung