Re: [NTLK] Newton Spanish text recognition.

From: Larry Yaeger (lsynewtal_at_beanblossom.in.us)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 11:05:52 PDT

At 6:45 PM +0300 9/22/04, Eckhart Köppen wrote:
>The biggest problem is that there are multiple
>dictionaries, and ideally, all of them should be
>extracted.

It's possible that the names are mangled in some
way on the Newton, but the dictionaries you care
most about are "SharedAttrCommon" and
"SharedCommons". "SharedAttrCommon" is a very
small dictionary of very common words ("a",
"the", etc.) and "SharedCommons" is a very large
dictionary of many words.

There's also a "SpellCheckIgnore" with a number
of additional English, umm, slang words.

And I suppose it'd be nice to have the English
"Prefixes" and "Suffixes", but since they
wouldn't be wired up to behave as prefixes and
suffixes they probably won't help all that much.

- larryy