[NTLK] synk woes [OSX adress book/isync, t610, newton]

From: Roman Pixell (roman_at_pixell.net)
Date: Thu Sep 23 2004 - 02:54:17 PDT

hi all,

i format my names as (+46 x) xx xx xx xx in the newton, where the 46 is
the country code, in this case for sweden. ive always done that because
i find it useful to know where the country code starts. this has worked
out well with OSX, address book and nSync but NOT when i use iSync with
the address book to the t610 (i guess its t616 in the US) via
bluetooth.

what happens when you run isync to the t610 is that all the "+" are
skipped by the phone, which makes it necessary to MANUALLY change each
and every number in the phone. once changed, the sync works well.

so my question goes out to all the people that use a similar setup -
how do you solve this problem?

(i know i could use adam tows area code change and replace "+" for
"00", but this would mean that i will have one more character in the
portrait view on the newton, which, in most cases is one character too
much in order to make the whole number visible. therefore i am looking
for an other solution...)

warmest regards,

/ ®

roman pixell, freelancer