[NTLK] MP2100 Screen Replacement Gone Bad

From: Korbin Berg (korbinberg_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 13:15:09 PDT

Hello all...

Well, I perhaps got a bit more brave than I should have gotten and
attempted to replace the screen in my MP2100. Everything went well at
first... Followed the excellent disassembly guide from the PDASoft
web site. Went to test the new screen, and the backlight worked, but
there is no image displayed. My first thought was that the display
ribbon cable was not seated properly but I got the same result after
reseating it. My next thought was that I purchased a bad display, so
I went to plug my original one back in, and did not get any image
either. Any ideas as to what else could cause the image to not
appear? It's almost as though the contrast is completely too the left
and too light, but I can't think of a way to adjust that without
seeing the contrast slider.

Thanks in advance!
Korbin