[NTLK] LPR - Wireless Router - Introduction

From: Sacha Zemp (sacha_at_my-home.li)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 14:10:31 PDT

Hello

I'm new to this list, and I would like to introduce myself here and also ask
a few questions.

My name is Sacha Zemp, I'm living in Bern the capital of Switzerland (any
swiss following the list?) and I'm owning a MP2100, a MP130 and maybe soon a
Emate. Of Course an Ibook G4 from my company and a Windows XP computer at
home.

I'm upgrading my home network right now, and I have a few questions.

1. On the MacOSX there is a LPR Spooler for accepting LPR Printjobs from the
net or a Newton. Is there also something for the windows machine that can
get printjobs from the net and print it locally (parallel port)?

2. What is faster? Printing to Laseprinter with Irda or over the network and
then trough the parallel port? I would assume that Irda should be much
slower. Any experiences?

2. Is there any recommended Wireless-Router for working with a Newton or a
specif set of function that are needed? I bought the Buffalo WiFi card
(MELCO WLI-PCM-L11GP) that Hiroshi-san said it works. So now I need the
Router.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sacha