Re: [NTLK] einstein -> antelope -> oqo?

From: Bubba Gump (basdiscussions_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 08:32:16 PDT

--Laurent wrote:--

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! . . . How could somebody use
something like this?"

Bubba writes:

Well . . . frisbee, maybe? ;-)

Actually, according to the Newsweek article (and probably oqo's website, though I haven't gone over it) it's a FULL version of XP - not a watered down version.

This is essentially a laptop (with the same limitation of short batt life - 3 hours - and presumably slow boot time), boiled down to handheld size. The concept is one tool for all tasks. What a lot of us seem to use our Newton's for (FULL DISCLOSURE: in my case, my main brain is a Clie - my 2 mp100s are book readers and technological icons).

But, running XP might allow it to run Linux or other derivitive, and it opens the possibility for refining voice recognition input. Plus I like the idea of one tool, all tasks.