[NTLK] Anyone Making Public WiFi Work?

From: David Deranian (deranian_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Apr 02 2005 - 08:03:07 PST

As a loyal Newton user that has spent a considerable amount of time on
the road, I find it hard to believe that this group hasn't found a way
to make the Newton work with "pay-per-use" WiFi Service like T-Mobile's
Hotspots at Starbucks. Maybe not for all the folks on this list, but
certainly for some of us mobile types, consider what a huge boon it
would be to fire up your Newton in a public WiFi area and take care of
business just like our Palm and PocketPC brethren!

This situation has forced me to partially migrate to a Sony Clie NZ-90,
which is a pretty awesome little computer in it's own right, but as we
all know, certainly lacks the "IT Factor" of the Newton.

If any of you have managed to overcome this obstacle, I'd sure like to
hear from you.

Thanks!

--
David Deranian