Re: [NTLK] External Power Packs for Newtons

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 05:35:07 PDT

On Apr 6, 2005 8:10 AM, Johannes Wolf <mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int> wrote:

> conclusion:
>
> As long as you are sure that your external power supply (whatever it may be)
> does not provide more than 6V, you are fine and there is no risk for the
> Newt to be damaged.
> On the other hand you will get a quiet small charging current only, which
> means long charging time.

Johannes,

Appreciate the clear clarification.
The unit I'm testing is by it's specs only 6V so we should be fine.
Being that the cells are of higher capacity than the original
Rechargeable Pack (1200mAh) vs the External Pack (2700mAh) it seems to
charge fine. I'm looking into a Newer Pack which are 3300mAh from this
manufacturer. It's for a different model and I need to confirm the
voltage of this pack...These might be useful for some who need a
longer lasting external power supply when not close to an outlet nor
desiring to carry extra batteries...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung