Re: [NTLK] Advice on setting up my new eMate?

From: Becky K (kohali_at_nefermoon.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 07:50:29 PDT

Hi Frank, thanks for your reply!

> For that you will need both a size 8 and a size 10 Torx
> screwdriver.

I have the 10, yup. It's just the smallest one in the kit we've got. Got the
Phillips #0 as well. It's just a hunt for the 8. ;)

It does sound like the iMac's 9.2 is the way to go for transferring to the
eMate. Thanks for confirming my suspicions!

I'll look into NewtWorks and try to install NCU on the iMac.

I looked through the FAQ, but did come to you guys for my specific questions
that I couldn't quite interpret from the masses of information there. ;) Now
that I have the recommendations from a few of you, I can go back with a better
guide in mind.

I do have a new question, however. (Of course!)

I have the Keyspan USB/Serial adapter that was referenced in the FAQ and
WikiWikiNewt. Yesterday I found a serial cord to fit it, but when I went to
plug it into the eMate, I noticed the eMate had 9 holes for its serial port.
The mini-DIN8 still fits it, but I wonder if the lack of one pin will cause me
any trouble. Do I need to buy another adapter, or is this typical and I
shouldn't worry about it?

Thanks again!

Becky K.