[NTLK] battery Question

From: Owen Collins (collinso_at_wlu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 07:46:46 PDT

So after being away from my 130 for a couple of days I tried starting it
up and it wouldn't work, so I put it in my charging station and it
worked thru the ac power. When I replaced the rechargable pack with
alkalines it worked. When I did that I saw some discoloration in the
battery compartment. (see
http://home.wlu.edu/~collinso/newton/index.html) Now the rechargable
battery still powers up my 120.
So to sum up:
My 130 doesnt like rechargeables, only alkalines and AC power
But the rechargeables still work.

I am assuming something has fried in my Newt by the looks of it. It
seems that the lesson is not to charge the rechargeable pack that is
inside the Newt using the charging station?

As I am in digest mode I will not respond soon. but Thanks for all the
advice I've gotten in the past.

Keeping on with dsiposable batteries,

O.