Re: [NTLK] battery Question

From: Andrei Chichak (acpmiedm_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: Wed Apr 13 2005 - 09:19:25 PDT

>You should see the same scenario as inside your battery compartment.

Unless it is the smoke that you get from curing CA glues.

>The batteries are obviously on the opposite side and therefore should have
>the same markings if they were in when the leakage occured.
>If you check the batteries more in detail you will easily find the leakage
>because there should be even more acid stuff around...

If the battery leaked it will be coming out of one of the ends. It will
probably look like crusty goop.

But I don't like it. Did this Newt happen to get wet?

> > it recognizes the Alkaines and the rechargeables. The rechargeable pack
> > the was in it when the problem started was a rebuilt pack that I did.
> > I'm gonna check if it leaked. what are signs of that?

One of the great ways to toast a battery is to solder onto them. That is
why they put on solder tabs. The electrolyte will leak out where the case
is crimped onto the ends. It is usually a pretty gooey crusty mess.

>Spliting of the
> > plastic casing of the individual batteries?

The plastic around the outside of the cells is just some shrink film to
reduce the possibility of an electrical short.

Andrei