[NTLK] Bad news on the bar code scanner software -- so far...

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 10:02:34 PDT

Well, so far, the bar code scanner wand software upload is not working. I DID succeed in getting my ancient PowerMac 6100 to play nicely with Newton Connection Utilities, and it DID seem to make a serial connection with one of my MP 2X00s. Unfortunately, the .pkg transfer bogged down every time I tried to make it work. The PowerMac's screen said something about an error (-33). I think the diskette may be corrupted. One possible bright note is that the diskette seems to include the related development files, so it MIGHT be possible for SOMEBODY to take a look at the files and determine what's wrong. Of course, the whole problem might be that the software was originally intended for an older Newton MP model.
I'll know more after I attempt the software upload with one of Paul's MPs.

If anybody is interested in taking a look at the bar code scanner wand files, please contact me directly. If we can't get it working, folks will still be able to chck it out on Sunday, if only from a static viewpoint.

Warmest regards,

Matt the K.