Re: [NTLK] Why does Jobs seem angry?

From: Brian Pearce (bpearce_at_cloud9.net)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 10:32:14 PDT

> Why do Newton users hate Steve Jobs so much?
>
> Is it solely because he cancelled the Newton?

Probably, yes.

I often see people here lose sight of the fact that the decision to
discontinue the MessagePad was, in the end, a *business* decision (and
all things considered, probably a smart one) -- and the discussions
seem to display a degree of personal animosity that I don't think is
entirely warranted.

(That, and there are the wacko conspiracy theories about how
Microsoft's investment was actually a secret payoff to discontinue
development of the platform -- that also comes up from time to time.)

BRIAN/bpearce_at_cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>
"Yesterday's Books for Today's Reader"