Re: [NTLK] [OT] we may see an apple phone afterall

From: Les (lvrooy_at_iafrica.com)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 00:09:49 PDT

>(Some were listened to so much,
>the clicks and pops (age) became a part of the actual
>song! Singing the song in the shower, one invariably
>paused to emit the necessary needle (age) pops sounds
>that became as much of the music as that which the
>artist intended as music!

Well said!
I remember when hearing the pop_crackle sound from the living room
(nowadays TV room (age ;-)), you knew somebody was fiddeling with the
turntable & stopped all activity to hear what is about to play! If you hear
cartoon type singing, you also knew it's one of the children who fiddled
with the speed selection lever...
O, yes, I fully agree with the hits remarks (for totally different artists,
though...)

And in an earlier email:
>> For 99 cents, you should get the song you paid for
>> and
>> as a bonus, a "hidden gem" (a song you wouldn't have
>> purchased or didn't know it existed)

Like the seven singles which 'only' had the hit song on one side and
another, supposedly lesser song, on the other, which often turned out to be
good as well.

> Please note, this is labled as [OT]

Good, before some people on this list start cluttering the list with rants
about OT emails cluttering the List...

Les
ZAR