Re: [NTLK] First Newton ever (and first post)

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 22:22:31 PDT

On Apr 24, 2005, at 10:07 PM, James Nichols wrote:

> Perhaps more likely to work on your older operating system is the
> program "NewtonDILTester" that will let you instal packages with either
> a serial cable or IrDa.
>
> http://www.unna.org/view.php?/macos/NewtonDILTester
>
> The only system requirement I see for it is that it requires a PPC
> processor, which powerbook do you have available to you? Is there some
> way you could get this program onto it?

Actually the program I linked to is based on this... So they are
probably pretty similar as far as requirements...

Strange that it would require a PPC but not a particular version of the
OS? I don't really get that. Unless it was distributed without "fat"
binaries (ie no 68K code).

Anyhow, hopefully one of these works for you...

Marty