[NTLK] FS/FT: Toshiba e405 + Prototype PDA

From: St. Campbell (prince.edward.island_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 10:49:18 PDT

G'Day Listers!

I'm planning a move later this summer and am trying to clean otu the
closests (and dang, I never knew I had so many bloody closets!). Anyway,
I am cleaning out my closets and thought I'd throw some jun^H^H^H
"valuable merchandise" up on here to see if anyone might have a use for
it or if anyone might want to trade. A non-exhaustive list of things I
am looking for is at the bottom of this e-mail. Photos are available
upon request.

First up on 'de block is a Toshiba e405 Pocket PC:
Memory: 64MB
Processor: 300MHz
Windows CE 2003 (aka Pocket PC 2003)
Case: Case is in good condition. There are a few nicks here and there,
but nothing that you would notice, nor does anything affect operation.
Screen: Mixed bag. The screen is in pretty good condition. I just
cleaned it with a special touchscreen cleaner and it came out looking
very nicely. On the other hand, there is a circle that is about half an
inch in diameter. This circle is located under the screen but has no
affect of the operation -- even within the circle, the touchscreen is
active. I am not sure what caused this circle since I purchased it this
way. It works, so I don't complain ;-).
Buttons: All buttons work well.
Stylus: This is missing, however I have a third party style that I can
ship with the unit if you want (it doesn't fit in the silo, however.)
Alternatively, the purchaser can purchase a metalic one that does on
eBay for about $5.
Power Adapter: Included
PC Sync Cables: Not included but available for about $5, again from
eBay. I have either been syncing with IR or just making sure I charge it
regularly.

Next on the block is an Askey Piccolo Pocket PC.
Memory: 16MB
Processor: Unknown
OS: Pocket PC 2000 (Windows CE 3.0)
Case: Plastic made to look like brushed steel. Good condition.
Screen: Flawless.
unique. It was a prototype for a never-released unit from the Taiwanese
company Askey (they make cable modems last time I checked). The unit
runs Windows CE 3.0/Pocket PC 2000. The Piccolo has several rather
unique features about it: the first is that it accepts AA batterys (two
of them) and lasts a LONG time using them (I ran on one pair for a month
with mild use). Secondly is it has a Secure Digital Slot: this is the
only first generation Pocket PC to come equipped with such a slot. Also
it inlcudes a 33.6kbps modem built-in. I am not sure if either the slot
or the modem work since I no longer use dialup and I have no SD/MMC
cards to test them with.

The unit is equipped with 16MB of RAM -- small but the unit seems to
work well. It has a greyscale screen. No stylus or cables are included,
but the former could be replaced cheaply. As to syncing it, I honestly
have no idea.

Possible Trades -- if it isn't listed, try me, I still might be interested.
- Newton eMate/130/2000u/2100 (Accessories are optional but desired)
- Newton 130 + Military case
- USB Floppy Drive (Mac OS X Compatible)
- USB CD-R/W Drive (Mac OS X Compatible)
- USB DVD Drive (Mac OS X Compatible)
- SD Card (128MB+)
- Original Airport Basestation
- Bluetooth Equipment

Thanks for your attention listers and have a great summer!

-St.