[NTLK] Press, bookmaker, and making AVI backdrops

From: Russell,Allen (Allen.Russell_at_boc.com)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 12:05:58 PDT

8 bit grayscale is not 16 shades of gray that the Newt can display. That
may be part of the problem.
Also, wasn't there a tip on NTLK to set your PC video card to *exactly* 256
colors?

Allen

>From: DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net>
>Subject: [NTLK] Press, bookmaker, and making AVI backdrops
>Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:22:20 +0200

<snip>
>I've been twiddling with 16 grayscale images, too, and some turn out
>beautiful, and some crap. That's on WinNT, with jpg opened in
>PhotoEditor, size adjusted, changed to 8bit grayscale and saved as
>.bmp. Then either File/Add to Newton Press project, cut & pasted to the
>spot it has to be... Or just paste to the right spot. And as I said -
>some look gorgeous, some crap. Arrrgh!
>D.

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential and is provided solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.

No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software.