Re: [NTLK] "Jaggies" and "rings"(?) [from newtontalk Digest V5 #405]

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt (Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 07:17:04 PDT

At 15:46 18.08.2005, you wrote:
>There's a way to get rid of jaggies?

Jaggies are mean shit. Some say they've found
a way by cleaning a certain connector:

http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/TheJaggies

Frank Gruendel, also a participant of this list, begs
to differ (well, I can let him speak for himself). He
managed to cure the jaggies with my unit some nine
months ago by exchanging motherboard AND Screen,
and they haven't returned since. Still grateful for that!

Check out his website:

http://www.pda-soft.de/index.html

Those rings you mention I've seen too, but only when
exerting a light pressure on the screen while cleaning it.
And they're not permanent with me. Maybe your screen
was damaged to begin with.

Best,

Marcus