Re: [NTLK] StatsNOW! (Now available!)

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 06:07:27 PST

On 12/16/05, DJ Vollkasko <DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net> wrote:
> Sonny, I've put it up at
> http://www.stillnewt.org/library/_Software/
> _Other%20Newton%20Applications/_Sports/

Dear NTLK & DJ,

First off,Thank you DJ for having time to place StatsNOW! for the Newton online.

Basketball tracking software (statistical, reporting, exporting and
printing capable)
Please note that this software is great for fans of Basketball or
Coaches and/or people who hold tournaments. You can track one team,
both teams or multiple teams and provide live realtime stats right
there during hte game.

As indicated above the files are located at: (TinyURL link below for ease)
http://tinyurl.com/d3xp4

And hopefully UNNA will be able to host these too...

I didn't get a chance to forward these to UNNA yet as I've had a busy
week trying to get one particular Newton back to it patiently waiting
owner... so if anyone interested and has a little time please do
forward it ....

PS: when using this software it mentions that it's likely best to have
two people (One watching the action & the Second doing the actual
entries: but I would also like to add it would be highly desireable to
have an overclocked Newton also as I've discovered during my trials it
helped greatly).

Also be aware that the developer fortunately still hase a site up
(though kind-of -hidden) for his:
Newton version - http://fac-staff.seattleu.edu/mason/web/newton/StatsNOW.html
http://tinyurl.com/74dky
His site still lists it as Shareware, but he has no restrictions of
the software now as he explained to me.

No flames please - it is not needed ;)
and also a Pocket PC/PC version (this version is still being updated
and supported). - http://www.statsnow.net/

Unfortunately reading through the documentation the data files are not
cross-compatible...

If anyone has a License for Office 98 for the Mac and can let og of it
at an affordable price I'd appreciate it...I can't do anything about
it now but so I'll know who to contact later - leave me a reply
off-list.

Enjoy! :)

--
God bless,