Re: [NTLK] Another bluetooth question...with Linux

From: Roland Roberts (roland_at_astrofoto.org)
Date: Fri Dec 16 2005 - 06:10:13 PST

    me> I've got bluetooth working, partly. My linux host and my Newton
    me> are binding, and I have a mail message I am trying to send from
    me> the Newton. The bluetooth link is configured for PPP, server
    me> sets the IP, and when I go to send, the Newton brings up the PPP
    me> line, I see in the Linux logs that ppp is started, then
    me> simplemail gets an error (48418) and it's game over. The
    me> "Initializing..." screen on the Newton stays up until I dismiss
    me> it at which point the logs on the linux host show the link being
    me> taken down.

    me> Can anyone give me ideas on what I might look for...?

I think the problem was that I had configured an imap server but not an
smtp server. Additionally, my imap server requires encryption, and I'm
not sure what I would have to do to make that work (or maybe it already
does work?). Since the bluetooth connection is on my home LAN, the smtp
server doesn't require authentication, and once I set that up in
SimpleMail, the mail works fine.

regards,

roland

--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland_at_rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court